BPC #15/366: Textbooks

I have been slacking big time! I don’t like myself this way but I can’t do anything to fight it, I am only pregnant, you know! LOL.

Anyway, continuing my daily challenge to post a picture a day for the whole year for the 366 Blog Photo Challenge, my #15 entry are my textbooks on the very first semester I started Pre-Nursing school at the University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point. These are the things that caused my nose to bleed for four months:

I was enrolled in Health Science 305 (Study of Human Diseases), Chemistry 105 (Conceptual Chemistry), and Biology 285 (Human Physiology). Among the three, it was the Human Physiology that I found to be the most fascinating yet the hardest. It was the course that made me cry, for the first time ever, in my student life, because of facing the hardest exam that I’ve ever taken. In my student life back home in Philippines, it was so easy to get a perfect score or a test result with 10 mistakes the most. But on this course, honestly, in my first exam, I was only 8 points above the passing rate. I cried so hard the moment I got out from the test and the husband was laughing at me. He was like, “I wonder if my students who failed in my exams (he teaches gruesome Mathematics courses, lol) also cried like you.” He comforted me by saying he felt bad, too, on the very first semester he started his graduate school here in the US. Part of the hardship was culture shock including language barrier between us and the professors, and also, because it’s been a while since the last time I went to school. And what do you know? My mentor husband was sure right. Learning these courses made me realized that I can be a doctor. However, it will take me 20 years pa to do so! LOL.

The Human Physiology supplemental manuals: Lecture and lab materials

Right now, I am on a halt in my dream and goal to finish Nursing. When parenthood and economic situation settle for me, I shall continue to pursue this dream. The husband would always remind me that I still have a lot of years ahead and as long as he’s around, he will be with me on this journey of mine. I know, I am so blessed. :)

Also shared for: WEDNESDAY WHITES

18 Comments - Leave a comment
  1. Leah H. says:

He,he,he- funny imong husband Mommy:)Ana gyud na Mommy part na sa buhay studyante:)

Visiting for #17 BPC- hope you can stop by:)

2. loue says:

Never experience ready all that kind of textbooks,.. hehehe! looking at it makes me want to stop schooling.. heheheh!.. I’m one of those lazy student. ehhe

3. very cool text books, interesting subjects too :-) visiting late from #17 of BPC Mommy Rcel. Hope that you can return the visit too.

4. I like the books, very interesting books to read. Visiting this time from Wednesday Whites Mommy Rcel, hope that you can return the visit too.

5. Gengen says:

Hubby loves book but not me heheh.

6. Anygen says:

I love books too sis, but novel…kuk… bitaw, dili kaau ko sa books kay kapuyan ko ug sabot… lol.. hapit ko.

7. KM says:

i’ll take physiology and pathology, pero forget about Chemistry. lol. i had so much chem subjects back in college, pero God’s grace talaga na naipasa ko naman lahat.

nweiz, preggy ka pala? ;) how far along the way are you na? congrats in advance. katuwa din naman si hubby mo at super supportive ever. don’t give up on your dreams, ika nga. it’s never too late to reach for them ;) God bless!

visiting you back for WW.

8. Leovi says:

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I enjoy reading, usually read several books simultaneously.

9. Mrs.D says:

awwwwwww…you are pretty lucky Cel….it’s hard to find a husband like him these days…:) agoy, 20 years kaya lagi kau na…ikaw pa nga brainy kau! I took some pre-nursing subjects back in CA….agoy, galabad akong ulo woi…wahehhee…niundang ko…kapuyan nako ug tuon…nya sige ka interrupt tungod sa sige ug check sa opps…wahehehe!

10. imriz says:

a pregnant mom studying science books like those? my, surely, ul produce a genius.
    best regards in ur endeavors.
    those books looked interesting, but, same with KM, i’ll scrap out the chem :)

11. Deli says:

Wow :) You’re very brave to pursue studies at this point, with all the cultural challenges you have to go through as well. Thanks for the WW visit :)

12. Deli says:

God bless on your studies :)

13. raya says:

i had a headache at the sight of those books. hahaha.. mga bright kaayo mo cel oy, i really envy you on that. haha! thanks for the visit… sorry to make you drool over my cheesecake! :)

14. iWander says:

haguy, nag tan-aw pa lang ko sa imo books Rcel mura man ug nalipong na ko…honestly, i hate reading any books…i only love facebook, but I hate to open my book…KUK. nakatawa ko sa reaction sa imo bana…TY sa WW visit Rcel.

Pretty Kat

15. Leah H. says:

Visiting again for WW, Mommy Rcel:)

Hope you can stop by:)

16. raya says:

here again for WW, Cel. thanks for joining! Visiting also from my entry,http://www.ourhomeandhaven.info/ikea-fun/

17. Mel Cole says:

ahahaha, katawa ko sa comment ni dhemz, nag-take diay mo ug pre-nursing course ha. aguy, suya kaayo ko…huhuhu, ako sige pamugus ako bana nga sulod lagi balik college diri ba, nya moingon siya, “Who is going to take care of the kids?” Gihilak na lang nako sa tago. huhuhu, its been 5 years I haven’t studied my Nursing Profession. It’s like accepting defeat for now because of the kids. I am not blaming the kids but sometimes I blamed myself. Oh well, God will help me when the right time comes to pursue that dream career. For now, I have to face the real and present career which is to become a SAHM and a MAID. huhuhu…anyhow mommy rcel, I am sure you will do great when that time comes that you will get back to studying again.